Monday, November 8, 2010

Intro of Me

Forgive me if this is long.

My journey of TTC has been long and hard.  Most days I want to give up but yet, never do.  I think I must like the heartache.

My ex-fiance and I started trying February 2007.  Got pregnant October 2007.  We told both sides of the family that Thanksgiving Day.  I made my mom and Exs mom an engraved fortune cookie for them to open and get their fortune.  My moms said, "I love you already Mema!"(that's what the other grandkids call her).  She totally didn't get it and I had to tell her what it meant, what a dork.  Exs moms said,"Happy Thanksgiving Gramma!"  Everyone was pretty excited.  As we went around the table at Exs T-day celebration to say what we were thankful for I said I was thankful to be healthy for my baby.

That Saturday I got off work early and went to Babies R Us to look at stuff and as I was looking at bedding sets I started cramping and bleeding.  Called the dr they said if it gets bad go to the hospital.  I went to my Exs friends house(Rob) to hang out with Ex and Rob but left as the cramps got bad.  I hadn't told anyone yet I was losing the baby.

December 1, I was in the hospital because the bleeding and pain.  They sent me to get a Vag u/s and the tech said..."Are they sure you were even pregnant?"  all I said was, "Yes".

It's now been almost 3 years and I've yet to get pregnant again.  Been thru a ton of tests all normal and healthy.  I had and HSG(dye pushed through your cervix and xray to see if any blockages in your tubes), right tube was blocked but was able to clear up just from the dye pushing through.  I had a TON of people tell me they got pregnant right after that test.  I had such high hopes, that was the last time I was hopeful.

I joined the BabyCenter(BBC)community July 09 and found a wonderful support system there.  Became a group owner for the largest(15000+ members) ttc board on BBC.  So for a year I've been helping other get pregnant. 

Fastforward to June of 2010.  My Ex and I broke up over our infertility.  In January I had told him all the different things that could happen.  IUI, IVF, adoption....he wasn't really receptive to any of it.  He'd be ok he guessed with IUI, IVF was too expensive.  Adoption, lol, ready for this?   His first question was, "What heppens if we get divorced, who gets the kid since it's not ours?"  He then said' "I guess adoption is ok but I will still want my own kid sometime."  Apparently he wanted permission to go screw some chic and get her pregnant since I can't.  needless to say when crunchtime came in June, we ended.

Rob(the friend previosly mention in the mc story)moved in with us in April 2010.  He saw the whole saga happen with Ex and I.  Rob and I had become better friends than Ex and he were through the 3.5 years we've known eachother.  July 3 2010 Rob and I started dating.  We have now been ttc for 4 cycles and about to start our 5th as I am cd 3 today.

If you kept up with that you get a gold star.

6 comments:

  1. Great intro! Welcome to the your newest addiction called blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. I hope you continue. I am so hopeful for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great beginning to documenting your brave story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, Mandy! Awesome blog already, and love the gorgeous background. Thanks for the intro story. Will follow as soon as blogger behaves - grrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have appreciated your comments on BBC so far and am so happy I clicked through to find out more about you. Good luck in your journey, we'll be here for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. blogging has been a serious infertility comfort for me, i hope it is for you too!

    ReplyDelete